AWAITING FACT CHECKING
- Hospitals (primarily) now have a separate area which is called the Red Zone. This is where all patients with covid19 are located.
- These red zones consist of critical/ itu beds. To give some context to how sick the patients are: a week ago in a hospital not too far away there was not one conscious patient in the red zone.
- These red zones have very high concentrations of covid19 as it is basically everywhere.
- Due to the nature of patients being on a level of life support – there is vast amount of fluid and gunk to be dealt with.
- The PPE in these areas require a level of specification and requirement which is of a different standard than in other settings.