Guidance from NHSE on laundering uniforms at home. If required, uniforms can be laundered at home in the following way:
- taken home in a standard bag (not alginate as this may damage domestic machines)
- emptied out of the bag directly into the drum: no other household items should be included in the wash
- bag can be disposed via general domestic waste
- seal and door of the machine wiped before closing
- washed at the highest temperature the garment allows and at a minimum of 60 degrees.
- a weekly mild solution of bleach on a high temperature can be used in the machine to decontaminate it.